- I go stay in different house. Seriously. I enthusiastically volunteer to stay in the homes of friends and family when they go away. Right now, I am in a colleague's very large duplex in an old inner-city neighbourhood. I have stayed on acreages, in townhouses, apartments, log homes, cottages, modest family bungalows, 100 year old historic homes. A change of scenery, exploring a new neighbourhood, discovering a new coffee shop (or, in my present situation: re-visiting an old favourite coffee shop because this house is just blocks from my very first teeny-weeny apartment) these things have a vacation vibe even within the boundaries of my own city.
- I have figured out the things that "feel like vacation" to me, so that i can do them at home (or in someone else's home, if I so choose.)
- Letting soaking-wet hair dry in the sun.
- Sunscreen that smells like coconut.
- Reading for as long as I want, without checking the time.
- Lemonade in mason jars.
- Coming in after being in the sun, to a shower and lotion and soft dry cotton clothes.
- Sitting outside in my pyjamas to eat breakfast.
- Bare feet in green grass.
- Steak, hot off the grill, on a plate next to a big baked potato with butter and sour cream and salt & pepper.
My "noise fast" is supposed to end tomorrow, but I'm not so sure about that.... But that would probably make a great post, for tomorrow.
*My friend Carrie Underwood. Shut up, she is totally my friend.